- WHAT IS WARRANTIED
- REPLACEMENT COSTS
- WHAT IS NOT COVERED
- OWNER OBLIGATIONS
- FOR REPLACEMENT CONSIDERATION
- LEGAL RIGHTS
WHAT IS WARRANTIED
Every new Dunlop motorcycle tire that becomes unserviceable within six years or 72 months of the date of manufacture for conditions other than those which are listed under “WHAT IS NOT COVERED” will be replaced on the basis specified under “REPLACEMENT COST” below.
This warranty is extended to the first retail purchaser of the tire or the motorcycle fitted with original equipment.
UP TO 50% WORN
If, during the first fifty percent (50%) of tread wear, the tire becomes unserviceable for a condition covered by this warranty, it will be replaced with a comparable new Dunlop tire. You pay only for retailer services, such as mounting and balancing.
AFTER 50% TREAD WEAR
If, after the first fifty percent (50%) of tread wear, the tire becomes unserviceable for a condition covered by this warranty, your Dunlop motorcycle tire retailer will replace it with a comparable new Dunlop tire at a cost calculated in the following manner:
- Either your original buying price substantiated by invoice, or the retailer’s current selling price, times (x)
- Fifty percent (50%)
- Plus (+) all applicable federal excise taxes, and local taxes and all charges for retailer services such as mounting and balancing.
A CASH REFUND WILL NOT BE EXTENDED IN LIEU OF THE ABOVE.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
- Tires worn beyond the last one thirty-second of an inch (1/32”) of original tread depth. Beyond this point, the tire has delivered its original tread life and there is no warranty regardless of its age or mileage.
- Tires submitted for unserviceability before wear-out (1/32” tread depth remaining), but more than 72 months after the week of manufacture as determined by the US Department of Transportation serial identification number.
- Tires submitted for nonuniformity or any ride-related condition that are worn beyond the first one thirty-second of an inch (1/32″) of useable tread depth.
- Tires on motorcycles normally operated outside the U.S. and Canada.
- Tires used in racing, other competitions or in excess of legal speed limits.
- Highway-type tires used for off-the-road service or in any application not recommended by the motorcycle manufacturer.
- Tires used on motorcycles fitted with trailers.
- Claims made by anyone other than the first retail purchaser of the tire.
- Tubeless tires fitted without innertubes to rims requiring innertubes.
- Tires molded or branded “tube type” fitted without innertubes.
- Tires fitted with used, damaged or incorrect size innertubes. Note: New replacement tires should always be fitted with new tubes for safety.
- Radial tires fitted with tubes not marked with matching size or radial (R) designation
- Tires improperly repaired, with section repairs, or whose sidewalls have been modified by the addition or removal of material. Tires that have been retreaded, regrooved, altered in the tread or any other area. The serviceability of any repaired/retreaded/altered tire is entirely the responsibility of the person making the repair or modification.
- Tires injected with dry/liquid balancers or sealants, or in which anything other than air has been used as the supporting medium.
- The consequences of new tires or repaired tires not being subjected to a proper “run-in/break-in”.
- Tires rendered unserviceable by road hazard–type damage such as impact breaks, punctures, cuts or snags; or as a result of an obstruction on the motorcycle, fire, corrosives, running while flat, misalignment, improperly maintained balance, suspension deficiencies, improper inflation, overloading, improper mounting or rim fitment; or by spinning, as in mud, snow, sand, on ice or during on-the-motorcycle balancing or dynamometer testing.
- Ozone cracking/weather checking for tires treated with dressings or incompatible cleaning agents or submitted more than 48 months after manufacture.
- There is no warranty for any specific mileage achievement.
You are responsible for proper tire care, lawful and prudent motorcycle operation. Maintain tire inflation and load in accordance with motorcycle owner’s manual, tire information, placard and restrictions molded on the tire sidewalls. Check inflation pressure frequently with a tire gauge and inspect for damage or irregular wear.
FOR REPLACEMENT CONSIDERATION
- You should present the tire to the retailer from whom you bought the tire or, if the Dunlop tire in question was fitted as original equipment, to the retailer from whom you bought the motorcycle. Except for mail-order tires, you may also submit your tire to any other retailer selling Dunlop motorcycle tires. Should you be unable to contact any of those retailers, please contact the Dunlop Motorcycle Tire Sales office at 800-845-8378.
- A mail order tire must be returned to the company from which you ordered it, and you must pay all associated shipping and handling costs.
- Except for tires that become unserviceable during the first 50% of tread wear, you must pay the previously specified 50% replacement cost.
- You must pay the difference in retailer’s price for any more expensive replacement tire of different design.
- You must pay all applicable taxes and any charges for retailer services.
NO IMPLIED OR EXPRESS WARRANTIES, EITHER OF MERCHANTABILITY OR OTHERWISE, ARE EXTENDED BEYOND THE TIME WHEN THE TIRE HAS DELIVERED ITS ORIGINAL TREAD LIFE AS SHOWN BY TREAD WEAR TO ONE THIRTY-SECOND OF AN INCH (1/32”). EXCEPT FOR THE EXPRESS WARRANTIES SET FORTH IN THIS ”LIMITED WARRANTY,” ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, PROMISES, GUARANTEES, COVENANTS OR COLLATERAL AGREEMENTS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, RELATING TO THE TIRE OR ANY SERVICES PROVIDED IN RELATION THERETO ARE EXCLUDED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DUNLOP SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR (1) ANY COMMERCIAL LOSS, (2) ANY DAMAGE TO, OR LOSS OF, PROPERTY OTHER THAN THE TIRE ITSELF, OR (3) ANY OTHER TYPE OF INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE.
SOME STATES IN THE US DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, OR THE EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
IN CANADA, LEGISLATION IN SOME PROVINCES PROVIDES FOR CERTAIN ADDITIONAL WARRANTIES OR REMEDIES OTHER THAN AS STATED HEREIN, AND TO THE EXTENT THAT THE SAME MAY NOT BE WAIVED, THE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS SET ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU ALSO MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM PROVINCE TO PROVINCE.
No dealer, distributor, or representative has authority to make any statement, commitment, promise or agreement binding upon Dunlop, except as stated herein, or except for any statement made binding upon Dunlop by any applicable law.